Overview > Design
Arrow's advanced technologies reach beyond machine tools alone. Arrow is equipped with design and development capabilities that are on the leading edge of the industry.
Through the use of the latest technology, Arrow's engineers utilize a computer-based design system that offers substantial savings for customers, both in time and expense. This technology is particularly beneficial in the process of design and manufacture of critical and complex gearing in applications like aerospace systems.
Equipped with Gleason CAGE, G-AGE, MINIGAGE, Finite Element and Fully Loaded TCA software, the critical process of tooth contact pattern development can be performed more efficiently than with conventional methods. This technology for gear design is routinely utilized on demanding aerospace and commercial applications.
Features of the software include:
• Design and analysis of spiral bevel and hypoid gears
• Produces data for Gleason gear cutting and grinding machines
• Produces data for Gleason blade grinding machines
• Generates nominal data for gear tooth inspection
• Calculates Gleason machine corrections
Finite Element Analysis
• Analysis of gear strength and life
• Calculates peak pinion and gear fillet stresses
• Calculates contact, fillet, and bending stress contours
• Simulates influence of gear deflections
• Estimates bending and contact stress fatigue life
For More Information
To obtain more detailed information on Arrow's advanced design and development capabilities, please refer to the Design Article in our Publications Section and the Design Video in our Video Gallery.